Hello bookworms! I’m back and have an actual post this time for you guys. If you’ve seen my last post you know that I’m going to be traveling to India in a little over a week. As a bookworm, any vacation is a great time to read. Because we have suitcases with weight limits I can’t bring all the books. I’ve narrowed the number of books I’m going to bring with me and I want to share it with you all! So here it is!
- The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks: I want to bring this book because I want to transition into reading Nicholas Sparks books again. I’ve enjoyed quite a few of his books and this one sounds really interesting. It’s about a World War 2 soldier who falls in love with a picture of a woman. It just sounds really romantic and I’m excited to get to it for the BookTubeAThon.
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally: This book is the opposite of the first one. This one is more of a really quick, contemporary book with a romance, so classic YA. I’m hoping I’ll enjoy it and it’ll be a good breather from my other books.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: I’ve heard so many amazing things about this book in the past. There’s definitely no more hype surrounding it, but I’ve heard it’s a retelling of One Thousand and One Nights. I was also really happy because I found this book at a library sale for a $1. It was quite the steal. I hope I’ll enjoy it.
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: This book sounds really interesting, although I’ve heard mixed things about it. I think it’s about a girl who has a poisonous touch and the government wants to use her for war. It has an interesting premise and I’m intrigued.
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter: My dad got me this book from his workplace and the cover looks absolutely beautiful. I haven’t picked it up since I’ve received it so I really want to get to it over my vacation and see if I enjoy it.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han: If there was a book to describe my life, it would definitely be this one. The situation that the main character finds herself in sounds exactly like something that would happen to me. Plus, it’s another cute fluffy contemporary which are my favorites during the summer. Again, if I like the first book, I’m going to buy the rest of the series.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan: I read the description of this book and thought this is a sign. On my way to India I’ll be stopping in Singapore and this book involves the family who is really rich and live in Singapore. On top of that, there’s a movie coming up soon and I want to read this book beforehand. Maybe if I really enjoy it I’ll buy the rest of the series.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: Another old, but loved book. This also has a movie coming out so I want to read the book. Not only that, but I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about this book. It touches on a really important topic and something quite relevant in today’s society.
- A Clash of Clans by George R.R. Martin: I bought the second Game of Thrones book immediately after I finished the first book. If this book is anything like the first one, I know I’m going to love it. It’s a bit longer than the first book, I think close to 1000 pages, but well worth it to me. I really love the story.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments what book you would take on vacation with you. I hope you have a great rest of your fay.
Keep on reading!